+65 6681 6717
230 Victoria Street, #15-01/08,Bugis Junction,Singapore 188024

Work and Study Abroad? Prepare Diploma or Degree Certificate Translation

Elite AsiaCertified TranslationWork and Study Abroad? Prepare Diploma or Degree Certificate Translation
19 January 2022 Posted by eliteasia Certified Translation No Comments

There are more than 6 million tertiary-level students were enrolled outside their country of citizenship every year and Asian account for more than half of all students studying abroad worldwide. Besides, working abroad has become more and more common in our globalised world in recent years. Translation of degree certificate is one of the first and most important steps in the admission process.

When will you need an academic certificate translation?

An academic certificate is a document proving that you have successfully completed a course of study at a recognised educational institution. It typically contains the name of the institution awarding the degree, your name, level of qualification awarded, subject studied and years of study.

From looking to further your studies oversea to applying a visa for a job overseas or residency in a country other than the one you qualified in, institutions or employers usually request a certified translation of your degree certificate. Once you have completed your studies abroad, a legalised and translated certificate is crucial to make sure your certificate is recognised back home.

Why should you translate your academic certificate?

The academic certificate for any student is generally in the native language or official language of the country wherein he or she resides. When students move from their country to another, the certificates need to be translated into the official language of the destination country, for authentication of academic records. Especially for tertiary education, a foreign university usually checks the level of qualification you already possessed. It is to make sure you will make the most out of the program of study.

For employment overseas, depending on the type of job you are applying for, it is possible you will require a number of documents which need to be legalised. Potential oversea employers will need you to provide evidence that you have the correct qualifications for the job. Providing your translated highest qualification document such as a degree or a masters certificate is a common practice.

Other documents you may need to translate

The documents you need to submit when planning to study or work abroad are much more complex than those you have in hands when travelling as a tourist.

Apart from the diploma certificate alone, academic transcripts, vocational and extracurricular qualifications are also an important part of the application process. Students may also be asked to provide a proof of good financial standing as schools want to make sure you can afford your education and basic expenses. Authorities can request documents such as bank statements, payment slips and financial aid statements. Birth certificate and travel insurance are also some examples among a bundle of documents required by the universities and immigration officers.

For the purpose of verification, the above-mentioned documents should be translated into the official language of the country in question. It is vital that due care is taken in translating the certificates as a single word wrongly translated may put forth an unorganised and lackadaisical impression for the applicant.

Elite Asia’s team of certified translators has years of experience working with international students and working expats. Our linguists are experienced and knowledgeable in academic translation requirements and terminology, delivering trustworthy translation in the correct format required.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *